February 23, 2012

Moving on ...

 I was delighted to be well enough to welcome " Crystal tears " on Friday and to welcome old and new faces to the Cellar. The concert was really appreciated : Kate's  crystal clear voice was a pleasure to hear and was beautifully accompanied by Olivier who gave a surprising lute   rendition of " Yesterday" which the audience joined in with. Indeed the Elizabethan belief that one should " sing tolerably" before being considered a gentleman was  fulfilled. ..

 So what  next ? well, I'm more or less back on form , and the holidays are looming.  I'm going to try out my spanish for a few days, then will be "teaching" teenagers back at the cellar from the 5th to 9th march from 1pm to 4pm all week .  The course is called " Hop over the channel " ( see poster) so if you have dynamic, eager teenagers in your midsts please tell them to contact me. I need 2 more people ! For the adults, classes are maintained that week...


  By popular demand there will be another games night on Thursday 15th march at 7.30pm. So sign up now !
 ( 12 euros) Places are limited. to 16 .. and there  are still tea towels and Dvds of scotland to be won !!! :) and other things of course.

 On a more personal note I am still looking for ideas for a place in Rouen to hold my Birthday party, The cellar walls, though crumbling at times, are not expandable.. so please tell me if you have ideas of a hall or bigger cellar in Rouen... The invitations will go out soon. ! So  it will be another opportunity to speak English and meet new people with similar interests .... or just people who would be happy to see me turn 38 again !:).. keep me posted ! and happy holidays for those who have some ...

No comments:

Post a Comment